Red Heads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Heads

As a mother of one, why do people feel the need to pick on you?
    "Once in Africa I lost the corkscrew and we were forced to live off food and water for weeks." -Ernest Hemingway

Sheer ignorance and stupidity. Just ignore because such people aren't worth the energy it takes to feel annoyed.
    Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Turkey's prime minister and ex-mayor of Istanbul, says that 'the mosques are our barracks, the minarets our bayonets, the domes our helmets, and the believers our soldiers.'

Comment

Red heads have a mean streak in them. Their blood boils which is why their hair is red. I suppose the general population believes in drawing first blood.

Comment

The mountains are calling and I must go. - John Muir

Comment

My Dad and uncle had red hair. They were mean as hornets.

My son almost took a kid's head off in dodge ball with a throw. I snickered to myself....shhh.
          "Once in Africa I lost the corkscrew and we were forced to live off food and water for weeks." -Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I dated a chick with red hair, and I thought she was mean.. But she has nothing on my blonde Wife..
            moths are attracted to the showroom bright glow of LCD..

Comment

I love red headed babies! They are sooo cute!
              I have had the pleasure of caring for so many in my MDO business. They are spunky! They are super smart too.
              I watch 2 right now. I luv them.
              Promise Yourself -To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble. -The Optimists Creed, 1922

Comment

I was a red head and my oldest daughter is a red head. Neither of us were mean, always sweet and sensitive. We get a kick that women will pay hundreds of dollars to have red hair now and we're naturals! Ha Whose laughin now, huh?

Well, actually, although I am a natural red head, I am now completely gray. But she has gorgeous auburn hair.

Comment

I had rather vivid red hair as a little kid, and of course, the blue eyes and freckles.

I guess my coloring was considered unusual, and anything different from the norm is fair game for kids. What kid doesn't get picked on for something?

I'll be 50 in a few years, and I must admit that I love my coloring now. It isn't the same vivid red, but it is a copper brown and I have no need to color my hair (except for fun). At the most I have a few gray strands, but most of my friends have been coloring their hair for 15 - 20 years.

As a fair-complected person growing up in the 60s and 70s, I do wish that more attention had been paid to sunscreen. That's my PSA!
                  Mike, can't you for once stop talking about hamburgers? ...I want to talk about me...

Comment

My oldest son is blonde but my middle daughter & youngest son are both auburn-haired. The little one is pretty mellow....but you don't wanna mess w/ my daughter....she will cut you!

Comment

Comment

If they are getting teased or anything I found a Fun Fact listing on Google about Redheads. I searched for "redhead percentage of the population"

http://www.purgatory.net/kornelia/16...hair_facts.htm

Some of the more interesting ones although I did not read the entire list:

The highest percentage of natural redheads in the world is in Scotland (13%), followed closely by Ireland with 10%. In the US, about 2% of the population are natural redheads.

Redheads don't turn grey. Red hair turned sandy, then white. They are also found to loose their color later in life than people carrying other hair colors.

Bees are thought to sting redheads more than others.

In Poland, if you pass three red-heads you'll win the state lottery-Sylvia Stevez
                        All the political power comes from the guns. The communist party must command all guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

Comment

Originally posted by dmp9898 View Post
                          If they are getting teased or anything I found a Fun Fact listing on Google about Redheads. I searched for "redhead percentage of the population"

http://www.purgatory.net/kornelia/16...hair_facts.htm

Some of the more interesting ones although I did not read the entire list:

The highest percentage of natural redheads in the world is in Scotland (13%), followed closely by Ireland with 10%. In the US, about 2% of the population are natural redheads.

Redheads don't turn grey. Red hair turned sandy, then white. They are also found to loose their color later in life than people carrying other hair colors.

Bees are thought to sting redheads more than others.

In Poland, if you pass three red-heads you'll win the state lottery-Sylvia Stevez

I blew that stat. Started getting gray in my 40's and I've been completely gray, really more white for about 7 years. Mine is more medically induced though. My MIL was a copper penny redhead and did not gray well at all. I was so afraid that was would happen to me, but have been pleasantly pleased with how pretty a gray/white it is.

Comment

From my early childhood, I despised little red-headed girls. I never met one I liked. The thought of having one as a child never crossed my mind other than as my worst nightmare. Fast-forward to present day. My little red-headed 3yo baby girl is the sweetest little thing on earth. Granted, personality-wise, we are very different and would most definitely NOT have been been friends (she's a crayon-breaker). But I don't have to understand her to love her.

Comment

That's funny, "a crayon breaker." LOL When choosing names for our second child, my husband suggested the name Paige. I said no because that was a name for a very blonde little girl. Since DD1 was a copper penny, of course all our babies would be redheads. Red has a very strong streak on both side of our family afterall. We went with the name Mackenzie because of course don't you envision a red head with freckles? Sure enough, we had a toehead! Never in my wildest dreams did I expect that. I don't know why, Hubbs and his twin were toeheads.

Admittedly, I hated being a redhead as a child. I was teased mercilesslly. There was a mean boy in 8th grade (back when 13 yo's acted/looked young) that called me carrot every day of school. I was so glad when he moved away. Still remember his name. Palmer Pace. Wish I came up with something good to yell back at him. But I believe that teasing is one of the things that shaped my personality and sensitivity towards others, listening to both sides of the story before making a decision and being a voice for those without one. So to the OP, while it may be painful now for your little one, it is toughening his/her skin for later in life. No one ever said things would always be easy. Redheads are resilient, blondes are just blonde. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X