Menu

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planning our daughters wedding!!! Need ideas...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning our daughters wedding!!! Need ideas...

So excited!! Date is Aug 2013 so we have a little time...right? lol
    Looking for ideas.....I will be looking into churches in the next few days...looking for INDOOR wedding reception site...Aug will be hot...on a BUDGET!! Can we do it for $10k??? Everything??
    Open to ceremony & reception site all together. Looked at arboretum but really need an indoor reception with sit down service, no buffet. OMG..so much to plan!!!
    She/WE would love a high rise..balcony cocktail hour with indoor dinner/reception...haha $$ with a view $$
    Any ideas would really be appreciated!!! My daughter is in grad school and he is in college as well so having fun and not going into debt is OUR priority.
    Thank You!

I just wrote my niece and suggested she get married on a cruise ship. All your guest can just come on for a ceremony but not be on the cruise. You all can leave and allow the honeymoon to begin.
    R.I.P. Max http://www.canine-epilepsy.net/
    http://www.akcchf.org/how-you-can-help/
    I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts.~ John Steinbeck

Comment

For decorating and wedding decor ideas I would scour pinterest.com

Are you looking for more of a country club wedding feel or a rustic small wedding.

Stonebridge Ranch Country Club in Mckinney I have been to weddings combined with receptions there and it was nice. If you were going to do both there it would have to be small.

The Grand Hotel in Mckinney has a beautiful ballroom for wedding receptions. I am not sure of the cost but it is gorgeous.

Those are the first 2 that popped in my head only because I have recently been to weddings there.

Will there be a lot of out of town guests? That may also impact your location, you may want to look into hotels for the reception so it would be convenient for your out of town guests.

Comment

The daughter of a friend held everything here in Plano:

http://www.maggianos.com/en/Pages/home.aspx

The budget was reasonable and the couple did not need/want a church setting. Everything was done at this location, so no travel was required between the ceremony and reception locations.

There's one thing missing: how many people will be attending this event? Unless you have some approximate headcount, terms like "everything" and "$10K" are just guessing. It sounds like you need a wedding planner, who will ask you this question very early in the discussion.

Comment

Another budget idea: We're doing double the number of weddings at Heritage Village than we did last year. Weddings in the old Lebanon Baptist Church (built in the late 1800's) followed by receptions in the Depot building next door. You can bring in your own caterer. We're currently adding a new state-of-the-art AV system to better support DJ's and bands.
          A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Comment

We're having our wedding a little under 2 weeks at Storybook Ranch over near Custer and Eldorado. They've got a venue there called the Opry House. Has a stage, large downstairs seating area as well as two staircases on either side of the stage up to a balcony and seating area. Full size bar off to one side as well as buffet table. Great country feel if you're in to that kind of thing.

We fell in love with the place when we checked it out. Fiancee ended up deciding she needed cowboy boots with her dress

http://www.storybookranch.org/uploads/WeddingPacket.pdf

Comment

The old baptist church is beautiful and infinite. I believe they run $900 for the ceremony.

Also look into Fairytale Manor on Preston near Fisher. Beautiful ballroom, you bring in the caterer. Can have inside or outside wedding. About $3K

And congrats!
              :)

Comment

I would say you would be hard pressed to keep it under $10,000, especially if you want to do the Arboretum. I think you can treat it as a challenge to keep it under that budget, but when you start learning all of the costs involved, it will make your eyes bug out!!
                Running is my sunshine.

Comment

Originally posted by SkiBum View Post
                  I would say you would be hard pressed to keep it under $10,000, especially if you want to do the Arboretum. I think you can treat it as a challenge to keep it under that budget, but when you start learning all of the costs involved, it will make your eyes bug out!!
                  I agree with you. I have had some friends and family that did nice weddings at the lake, and it did not cost much at all. They were all wed there and then the reception was there. The kids and others could go for a swim later if they wanted, but also did a simple cook out- each time, this was the most relaxing event I ever went to...no one had to dress up. The last one, I did the grooms cake as my gift to the couple- it was a fish theme cake and a ton of fun to make and turned out to be a hit.
                  R.I.P. Max http://www.canine-epilepsy.net/
                  http://www.akcchf.org/how-you-can-help/
                  I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts.~ John Steinbeck

Comment

Originally posted by melmax View Post
                    I just wrote my niece and suggested she get married on a cruise ship. All your guest can just come on for a ceremony but not be on the cruise. You all can leave and allow the honeymoon to begin.
                    My bad... rule change. I was wrong.
                    Last edited by Gumby; 08-23-2012, 09:40 AM.

Comment

The most recent wedding I attended was here: http://www.fairview-farms.com/

Everything in one large place, seating area was on the dance floor, cleared after the ceremony.

When it's all said and done, the photo album remains. Pick some nice locations outdoors and get a reputable photographer to take the pictures. If you want to take them inside a church or chapel, find a time when everyone will already be nicely dressed and take the pictures of the group. We were married in the chapel on a university campus, had the reception in a hall nearby on the same campus.

One couple that we know got married in a civil ceremony with only witnesses. A few months later, the bride decided she wanted a church wedding and reception - white dress, cowboy boots and all. What a rodeo that was!

Gotta remember that while everyone is happy FOR you (congratulations, BTW), the "special day" is mostly special to the couple and everyone else outside the wedding party is an "attendee" dressed for the occasion. Make it comfortable and fun as far as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumby View Post
                        You can get married on board a cruise ship but there is NO cruiseline that I work with (which is 99.9%) that will allow people to embark and then diembark for the wedding. If you attend the wedding you are sailing with the couple.
                        Not sure if things have changed, but a year or two ago one of my former coworkers got married while at port in Galveston. After the ceremony most of the guests disembarked. The couple and some of their immediate family members stayed on board for the actual cruise.

Not sure what cruise line it was though

Comment

Originally posted by CaddyWompus View Post
                          Not sure if things have changed, but a year or two ago one of my former coworkers got married while at port in Galveston. After the ceremony most of the guests disembarked. The couple and some of their immediate family members stayed on board for the actual cruise.

Not sure what cruise line it was though

You know what I just called one of my peop0le and found out I'm wrong. They were very strict about it after 9/11 for awhile but now they do allow it as long as the ship is cleared by customs all guest disembark 1 hour prior to sail.

My Bad. DIdn't know they had changed it... good to know.

Comment

We've been to two weddings & receptions at one of the wineries in Grapevine - can't remember which one, but neat rustic spot - and they were both in August. Beautiful settings too!

Comment

http://www.mckinneyflourmill.com/htm..._id=6&nav_id=4

Comment

Working...
                              X