Verion FiOS - 75035 Frisco:???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verion FiOS - 75035 Frisco:???

I know that some parts of Frisco have Verizon Fios. I am over near coit and main and Verizion has been saying for years that "The system shows your neighborhood is currently on the list and pending construction, check back in a couple months"

I didnt know if anyone knew any insider on this or may have seen Verizon laying some fiber lines anywhere near.

Uverse was the most horrible interenet i have ever owned. I just switched over to Comcast and its wayyyy better (kept uverse TV, though)

I have had FiOS before and nothing offered in Texas can beat it for internet speeds......

If it isn't in your neighborhood (i.e neighbors actually have service), you ain't getting it anytime soon... Verizon has stopped build out in Frisco AFAIK....
    The mountains are calling and I must go. - John Muir

Comment

Originally posted by BigTymer View Post
      I know that some parts of Frisco have Verizon Fios. I am over near coit and main and Verizion has been saying for years that "The system shows your neighborhood is currently on the list and pending construction, check back in a couple months"

I didnt know if anyone knew any insider on this or may have seen Verizon laying some fiber lines anywhere near.

Uverse was the most horrible interenet i have ever owned. I just switched over to Comcast and its wayyyy better (kept uverse TV, though)

I have had FiOS before and nothing offered in Texas can beat it for internet speeds......
      I have it (Coit / Rolater). Drive around the neighborhood and look for the gray Verizon covers in peoples yards. That would be a good indication.

Just upgraded my FiOS internet speed to their Quantum speeds. For another $10/mo I could go up to 150/65, but I don't really feel like I need it. My connection is already faster than 99% of the US.

Last edited by Bluekross; 08-24-2012, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluekross View Post
        I have it (Coit / Rolater). Drive around the neighborhood and look for the gray Verizon covers in peoples yards. That would be a good indication.

Just upgraded my FiOS internet speed to their Quantum speeds. For another $10/mo I could go up to 150/65, but I don't really feel like I need it. My connection is already faster than 99% of the US.

I live in that area too, but the Verizon site says service not available. Without giving your exact location, what street/subdivision do you live on ?
        “You are asking me how a watch works. For now, just keep an eye on the time.”

Comment

Verizon stopped build out for FIOS several years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by friscomatt View Post
            I live in that area too, but the Verizon site says service not available. Without giving your exact location, what street/subdivision do you live on ?
            I live south of Centennial HS.

Comment

Very Impressive Speed, I had Verizon in Irving. I have U verse here, my speed is only a fraction of your and I have the fastest I can get in my area

Comment

Originally posted by friscomatt View Post
                Glad to know your general location, I may have to stop by for a dental party
                Last edited by TallCoolOne; 08-25-2012, 06:56 AM.

Comment

I live south of Centennial HS.
                  I live north of Centennial HS...looks like they didn't do my neighborhood
                  “You are asking me how a watch works. For now, just keep an eye on the time.”

Comment

It is odd how both Verizon and Uverse built out. I am in Plantation, lived in 4 houses here and all have had different options. Not one house house has offered both. My last move was in 2010. I went from Verizon to Timewarner, who is my only internet option.

I sure wish either Verizon or Uverse would build out again. I need another option
                    "Sh** happens when you party naked" my uncle

Comment

Originally posted by kris570 View Post
                      It is odd how both Verizon and Uverse built out. I am in Plantation, lived in 4 houses here and all have had different options. Not one house house has offered both. My last move was in 2010. I went from Verizon to Timewarner, who is my only internet option.

I sure wish either Verizon or Uverse would build out again. I need another option
                      Verizon isn't looking to build out more -- quite yet, but I imagine Frisco would be one of the first places they would expand if they ever did. The reason that a lot of Frisco isn't covered is because the CO for Verizon FiOS in Frisco is actually located in Plano, so there are distance restrictions -- on top of high infrastructure costs.

Right now VZ is going through and upgrading their equipment at the CO in Plano, and working to increase the bandwidth they can offer up to customers.

I'd like too see them expand more into Frisco, but right now it's pretty much just limited to the southern parts of Frisco.

Comment

Working...
                      X