BBQ Advocates - Here Ye Here Ye!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CubsWin1908 View Post
    Briskets have very little to do with the rub........dalmatian (salt and pepper) cooks the same as commercial "pro" rubs. There is a very narrow window for perfect brisket, temp has zero to do with it being done. To get a great brisket it's about feel......if you slide a probe in smoothly, like going into butter, it's done. If you let it keep cooking after that it turns into roast beef. Narrow window from tough to overdone, that is why the perfect brisket is a life long trek! And Costco has Prime brisket, that is why they are more expensive..........they are worth the cost, and you can pick through a big selection too.
    Win a World Series every century and you are a know it all in BBQ?

Just kidding. When it comes to BBQ, there is no 100 % Right, everyone else is Wrong. Different tastes, different styles. Join the only thread on FOL worth following and I hope you can contribute.
    There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

Comment

• So this happened last weekend!! Was looking into getting a BGE and been doing a bunch of reading. Ended up buying a Kamado Joe at the Costco roadshow for a great price. BGE seems to be happy with their product as is but this new Joe is doing some cool innovations to the platform and looked like the better deal. Picked up some steaks and a 12 lb prime grade brisket while I was there too.

This Kamado Joe is amazing! I've only cooked 2 things on it so far but I'm totally sold. It's expensive but so worth it. I took it home and fired it up and grilled 2 ribeyes and they were awesome. Shut it down then fired it back up later for a low n slow cook for the brisket and threw that on. Man...it was the best brisket I've ever had, much less cooked myself...tender moist and the flavor was amazing. I had brisket for lunch Mon-Thurs this week. I bought the rotisserie attachment for it also so tomorrow I will be trying that out with a chicken.

So stoked....more to come...let's keep this thread going!

​​​​​​​
      ​​​​​​​

Comment

• I don't own a smoker but some of you folks might want to learn from a few of the masters

Hutchins BBQ is hosting their first BBQ PitMaster Class at their Frisco location on Thursday night, October 5th from 7p-9p. This will be a special evening where Tracy Hutchins, Tim Hutchins, & Wayne White will teach you how to make better barbecue at home. From trimming a brisket to picking the right type of wood, the guys will teach MOST of their secrets. You can ask as many questions as you like. Everyone who attends will also enjoy an amazing barbecue dinner provided by Hutchins and craft brews provided by Franconia Brewing out of McKinney! Don't miss out on this fun event!
        https://prekindle.com/promo/id/24898849221066918

Comment

• Hey, Kenny6, how did the chicken turn out on the Kamado?

I've been contemplating adding a pellet grill to my grill lineup. I really need to find me a hobby that isn't so expensive. Between grilling, home theater, always having to have the fastest computer and my reefing hobby, there it nothing left to pay the mortgage.
          Here's a joke you might not laugh at:
          All the poorest work the hardest for the smallest
          Do what you got to do

Comment

• The rotisserie chicken was awesome. I've cooked on it just about every weekend since i got it. Wings, burgers, chicken breast for lunches. This past weekend i did ribs with the rotisserie and they were awesome. Very happy with the Kamado Joe.

I need to upload some more pics.

Comment

• Here's a few pics.

Chicken

Pork spare ribs from this past weekend.

​​​​​​​

Comment

• DAMN Kenny, that looks great!
                There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

Comment

Working...
                X