No announcement yet.

BBQ Advocates - Here Ye Here Ye!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here use a stoker on their smoker. I've seen them recommended on some BBQ sites.

https://www.rocksbarbque.com/index.html

Here's a joke you might not laugh at:
    All the poorest work the hardest for the smallest
    Do what you got to do

Comment

• Originally posted by Opus View Post
      Anyone here use a stoker on their smoker. I've seen them recommended on some BBQ sites.

I've got one.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikel View Post

Thats carzy. I have everything I need to make on for about $25and will allow you to monitor control with your phone.
        It's about the same with all the temp controllers - you're mostly paying for their time and efforts developing the system and not so much paying for the hardware.

Originally posted by Opus View Post
        Anyone here use a stoker on their smoker. I've seen them recommended on some BBQ sites.

I have a wifi stoker and love it. I really only use it when I'm cooking a brisket or pork butt overnight. It's just good peace of mind knowing I can go to sleep and not worry about the temp dropping or spiking. I'm not sure how well it works on an offset but I bet with a big enough fan it'd be alright.

Comment

• Originally posted by planomateo View Post

I've got one.

Do you like it and use it all the time? I've seen several suggestions to get a cheap smoker and then add one to it vs buying a real expensive smoker.
          Do what you got to do

Comment

• Originally posted by Opus View Post

Thanks TCM. I actually have used some of his suggestions before. So was that his sauce on yours or was it something else? Unfortunately my wife will only eat meatloaf with brown gravy topping. I had never heard of it that way until I met her. Growing up I had meatloaf 2 or 3 times a month. If I get it now I have to get it at a restaurant. My 3 kids even turn their noises up at it. Of course they are strange, they won't eat spaghetti either.
            It was probably Sweet Baby Rays..........
            There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

Comment

• Busted out the smoker Saturday morning to smoke a brisket for a party. Costco delivered once again with a great Prime grade brisket.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Looks more like the Erbe delivered.........but not to my house.
                There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

Comment

• If you use charcoal at all, Academy Sports has 15lb bags for $2 thru Saturday. I think the brand is Outdoor Grilling. I bought 2 that said they were made with Oak. No clue if the stuff is any good but figured I would give it a try since it was so cheap.
                  Do what you got to do

Comment

Working...
                  X