Accident at Frisco Gun Club?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accident at Frisco Gun Club?

DFW scanner just reported an accidental shooting at that club. Someone shot themself in the hand and was sent to the hospital.

Hope nothing serious.
    "I believe background checks are important! Let's start with Obama!"

I came here first looking for info, and then found that on DFW Scanner too. Sure were a lot of police there, and a ladder truck and an ambulance on the way when I went by.

Comment

Says it was an employee helping a older couple clear a jam and ended up going off into his hand.

Comment

Wow, wfaa says the employee was cleaning the gun when it went off. I sure hope the story of clearing a jam is the accurate story.

Either way, he was not following basic gun handling rules.

"Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy."

Also, just saw that the injury was described as "just kind of a graze on the palm of his hand"
        Last edited by Mugzy; 12-15-2013, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Sooo.....let me get this right.....this can be confusing....

An employee was helping an elderly couple with a jam.

It went off in his hand?

Left kind of a glaze on the palm of his hand?

Did they reopen April's Tub Club?

Comment

Wow - hope the employee is ok. Hope someone takes the time to give a quick lesson on safely clearing a jam.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Originally posted by Piiilot View Post
              Wow - hope the employee is ok. Hope someone takes the time to give a quick lesson on safely clearing a jam.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
              The individual has several years of gun and range experience...

Comment

DMN says the injured employee was a 20-year experienced range safety officer who had worked at other ranges and served in the military.

Yep, give the guy a break - accidents can happen to even experienced and well trained staff.
                Watch our short 2013 Texas Dream Cruise video: http://video214.com/play/j72De7kKt6Ok8zbxKcwYQg/s/dark

Comment

My guess is it was an out of battery detonation. If that was the case he could have been injured by fragments flying out of the breach.
                  Character is doing the right thing when no one is looking. - J.C. Watts
                  Don't complain about it, Do something about it!

Comment

C'mon seriously? If it had been an officer this forum would have been all over it as an incompetency issue......

I don't buy the whole "if your around them long enough its bound to happen" theory. Never have never will.

Just glad it wasn't worse. Its a bummer their Grand opening weekend had to go off like that....

Originally posted by andygump View Post
                    The individual has several years of gun and range experience...
                    Originally posted by Texas Dream Cruise View Post
                    DMN says the injured employee was a 20-year experienced range safety officer who had worked at other ranges and served in the military.

Yep, give the guy a break - accidents can happen to even experienced and well trained staff.
                    Last edited by Baysyd; 12-15-2013, 05:17 PM.
                    "Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." - Calvin Coolidge, 30th President of the US

Comment

It must be a slow traffic day.
                      Once a Marine, Always a Marine

Comment

Originally posted by coachrex75035 View Post
                        It must be a slow traffic day.
                        The truth hurts doesn't it....
                        "Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." - Calvin Coolidge, 30th President of the US

Comment

Accident at Frisco Gun Club?

Actually I don't feel a thing.

( definitely a slow traffic day )
                          Once a Marine, Always a Marine

Comment

Originally posted by Baysyd View Post
                            C'mon seriously? If it had been an officer this forum would have been all over it as an incompetency issue......

I don't buy the whole "if your around them long enough its bound to happen" theory. Never have never will.

Just glad it wasn't worse. Its a bummer their Grand opening weekend had to go off like that....
                            I see what you did there.

Comment

Looks like we have a new protected business. There are a few of those from time to time. I haven't been yet. I hope to check it out soon....

Comment

Working...
                              X