Ex Machina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex Machina

It's not often that I leave a theater wanting to purchase another ticket to see the movie I just saw for a second time, especially for sci-fi films, but this is one of those movies (Ex Machina). I don't want to spoil any of the plot elements, but it's worth seeing in theaters. It's... different... and leaves you wanting more.

Probably the best way I can sum it up is that the movie will leave you questioning whether what happened was good or bad. You're not really sure whether you should feel happy or sad or some other emotion that you haven't yet explored. It lets that feeling of uncertainty linger there as the screen fades to black. We need more films like this.

Note: It is a R-rated film because of brief violence, language, and (tasteful) full frontal nudity scenes.

"Skepticism is my nature. Freethought is my methodology. Agnosticism is my conclusion. Atheism is my opinion. Humanitarianism is my motivation." - Jerry DeWitt
    "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

awesome flick...going to see it again soon
    “You are asking me how a watch works. For now, just keep an eye on the time.”

Comment

Wow, looks awesome. Gonna try to catch that this weekend.

Comment

Interesting movie, watched it earlier today and I'm still processing it.

Comment

Originally posted by planomateo View Post
          Interesting movie, watched it earlier today and I'm still processing it.
          Here's a real mind bender for ya... if you're not sure what you feel about something, then have you not just realized what it is like to be artificial intelligence that is not sure what to feel? Have you not realized what it is like to be Ex Machina ("in the machine")?

"Skepticism is my nature. Freethought is my methodology. Agnosticism is my conclusion. Atheism is my opinion. Humanitarianism is my motivation." - Jerry DeWitt
          "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Just a heads up that "ex machina" is "from the machine" not "in".

I need to check this movie out, was at Texas Frightmare Convention this past weekend and Tom Savini mentioned it during his Q&A that it was a movie everyone should go see.

Comment

Originally posted by CaddyWompus View Post
              Just a heads up that "ex machina" is "from the machine" not "in".
              Question remains valid.

Comment

Great movie, great scene!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGY44DIQb-A

"COME ON, CALEB!"

That look at 1:39 is the exact look on my face when I first saw the scene.

Comment

Working...
                X