Horace and Pete

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horace and Pete

Horace and Pete is a new show written/directed by and starring Louis C.K. (Horace) and Steve Buscemi (Pete).

I've watched 3 episodes so far, and I have to say this show is different from any I've seen before. It's a scripted drama/commentary series that's filmed like a play, with some occasional comedy and profanity. It's like a mix of Cheers, Louie, In Treatment, and a drama play. What's also interesting is the pricing structure he has set up for the series... $5 for the first episode, $2 for the second, and so far $3 for every subsequent episode. He's done no promotion or marketing for the series... he's just put it out there on his site for people to discover.

Pretty much the whole series takes place in a bar and in the apartment above the bar. There are moments of drama, moments of awkward discussion, moments of political/current events commentary, and moments with fairly engaging conversations between the characters. Louis C.K. says he doesn't know what the show is; I don't know what it is either, but it's something I want to keep watching because it's unique and different.

Again, there is some profanity, so probably not a show you want to watch around small children, but it's definitely intriguing based on what I've seen thus far.

You can find the episodes on his site.

Here's a clip (warning: profanity):

Last edited by perseco; 03-10-2016, 08:54 PM.
    "Skepticism is my nature. Freethought is my methodology. Agnosticism is my conclusion. Atheism is my opinion. Humanitarianism is my motivation." - Jerry DeWitt
    "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

This show was short... only lasted 10 episodes... but I really enjoyed the format of it (being filmed like a stage play). With some better writing (much of the dialogue was written in a tone that is demonstrably Louis C.K., regardless of the actor delivering the lines), I think this format could become popular and renew an interest in going to see stage plays.
    "Skepticism is my nature. Freethought is my methodology. Agnosticism is my conclusion. Atheism is my opinion. Humanitarianism is my motivation." - Jerry DeWitt
    "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Working...
    X