Movie Recommendation: Eye in the Sky

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Recommendation: Eye in the Sky

I didn't get a chance to catch this one in theaters, but Eye in the Sky has turned out to be one of the best movies I've seen this year. The majority of the plot centers around the irreconcilable moral decisions that must be made in the drone strike approval process, as well as how the people on the ground deal with the pressure of weighing collateral damage in such decisions.

There is a looming tension and aura of suspense that remains constant throughout the course of the movie as senior leadership and the personnel controlling the drone weigh the value of human life.

This is the last movie that Alan Rickman (Snape from Harry Potter) appeared in, alongside Oscar winner Helen Mirren, as well as 3-time Emmy winner Aaron Paul. The amount of acting talent in this film certainly outweighs some of the glaring writing deficiencies that shine through in the background/premise of the plot (lack of backstory for the targets, how they got the information, etc.).

4.5 ★ / 5

Last edited by perseco; 06-30-2016, 07:14 PM.
    "Skepticism is my nature. Freethought is my methodology. Agnosticism is my conclusion. Atheism is my opinion. Humanitarianism is my motivation." - Jerry DeWitt
    "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

I thought this was going to be a documentary on the Alan Parsans Project.
    Here's a joke you might not laugh at:
    All the poorest work the hardest for the smallest
    Do what you got to do

Comment

I love that movie, Helen Mirren makes an awesome performance, I would give a 4.7 for the excellent examination of ethical decision-making and action within the complexity of the military and government structures, for real.

Comment

yep. good flick...if you want to make sure you don't miss any really GOOD movies throughout the year, just keep an eye on what is playing at the Angelika...that's where I saw this movie and many other great ones this year, last year, etc.

Comment

Wow! Brilliant actors are starring in the movie! Thank you for a nice tip!!!

Comment

Working...
          X