Stranger Things

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stranger Things

Has anyone here started watching this show on Netflix called Stranger Things?

It's kind of like X-Files meets True Detective from the perspective of normal civilians instead of government agents. Lots of 80's nostalgia with familiar themes from old shows and movies, and plenty of drama and mystery to keep your interest.
    Last edited by perseco; 07-31-2016, 10:03 PM.
    "Skepticism is my nature. Freethought is my methodology. Agnosticism is my conclusion. Atheism is my opinion. Humanitarianism is my motivation." - Jerry DeWitt
    "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Started...finished it a few days after it released. Only 8 episodes, great series. The kids did an amazing job in my opinion.

Looking forward to season 2 and the upcoming soundtrack.

Comment

Maybe it's because I wasn't old enough during the 80's to be nostalgic about them, but I haven't been able to get in to this series (and I've been able to get into my fair share of series if you know what I'm sayin, the groove in my couch is proof). What is it about the show that made you like it so much?

Comment

Finished in 3 evenings. Very 80's - reminds me of ET a bit and the soundtrack is awesome. Definitely looking forward to season 2.

Comment

Originally posted by djb140430 View Post
          Maybe it's because I wasn't old enough during the 80's to be nostalgic about them, but I haven't been able to get in to this series (and I've been able to get into my fair share of series if you know what I'm sayin, the groove in my couch is proof). What is it about the show that made you like it so much?
          Reminded me of the stuff I watched growing up. X-Files, Stand By Me, ET, Andromeda Strain, etc... the acting was well done, the music and intro was very nostalgic because it has that 80's synth music feel that conjures the perception of mystery and the unknown. I felt compelled to keep watching to find out what was behind these events taking place in the first couple of episodes. Horror/suspense isn't a genre I typically enjoy, but something about the aura and unique type of suspense in this series pulled me into the story.
          "Skepticism is my nature. Freethought is my methodology. Agnosticism is my conclusion. Atheism is my opinion. Humanitarianism is my motivation." - Jerry DeWitt
          "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Comment

My son and I binge watched it over summer. Over this weekend got someone else in the house hooked and binged watched in 2 days. After the last episode she said, "are you kidding me, I gotta wait for the next season?", I just laughed and said yeah. It's one of the better Netflix originals! Now on to season 2 of Bloodlines.

"WHATEVER YOU ARE, BE A GOOD ONE" - ABRAHAM LINCOLN

Comment

Working...
            X