FRISCO – November X, 2017 – Whitestone REIT, a community-centered retail real estate investment trust that acquires, owns, manages, develops and redevelops e-commerce resistant neighborhood retail centers, will celebrate the completion of The Shops at Starwood Phase III expansion with a re-grand opening celebration in Frisco on Monday, November 13, 2017.
“This is an exciting time for not only Whitestone but Frisco and the surrounding communities,” said Jim Mastandrea, Whitestone Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “Our focus is to always bring the right mix of retailers, restaurants and services to the residents of each community we join, and we’re confident that we’ve done just that for The Shops at Starwood. With the completion of Phase III, it is a place that we hope everyone will enjoy for years to come whether it is for dinner, shopping, a spa treatment or their regular haircut.”
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony and Celebration
The ribbon cutting ceremony and celebration will highlight the newest retailers and restaurants that have joined the property since Whitestone acquired and expanded the community-centered shopping destination. Whitestone has partnered with the Frisco Chamber of Commerce for the ribbon cutting, which will also include remarks from Whitestone’s Mastandrea and an appearance from Jeff Cheney, the Mayor of Frisco.
Savor & Stroll
Following the ribbon cutting, the community is invited to “Savor & Stroll,” a community event to celebrate the new additions and reintroduce The Shops at Starwood with light bites, entertainment, promotions and giveaways from select retailers. This family friendly event will take place throughout the entire center from 4-6:00 pm.
“As one of the fastest-growing cities in Texas and best places to live, having partners like Whitestone come in and make a center like The Shops at Starwood even better is key to continuing to be a city of choice for current and future residents. It is also something to celebrate, which we plan to do alongside the Frisco Chamber of Commerce,” shared Jeff Cheney, Mayor of Frisco
Shops at Starwood Expansion
The new retailers and restaurants that Whitestone curated for Phase III that are now open or coming soon include:
- AALAM The Salon (coming soon), which specializes in fresh, polished and versatile cut, color and hair styles for men and women that are custom to the individual;
- Fast-casual restaurant, Arepa, known for its handmade gourmet comfort food with a Latin beat;
- Nostalgic Southern dessert shop specializing in handmade small and large pies, Buttermilk Sky Pie (coming soon);
- Beverly Hills Rejuvenation Center, a day spa featuring an array of aesthetic and wellness services in a comfortable and relaxing setting;
- Niche cocktail parlour and kitchen, Bottled in Bond, focused on creating bold seasonal cocktails and American with a Caribbean flare inspired dishes;
- Club Pilates, a studio offering classes pure to Joseph Pilates’ original Reformer-based Contrology Method;
- Family-owned and operated boutique offering fine Swiss timepieces, DFW Watches;
- Icon Nutrition, helping individuals achieve their athletic, nutrition and health goals by combining a full spectrum of health products with outstanding customer services;
- Mattress company, Naturepedic, carrying a full line of certified organic mattresses for the whole family;
- Oasis Accents, a home décor boutique carrying accessories and small furnishings that create elegant and inviting home styles;
- Plush Dentistry, a family and cosmetic dentistry office dedicated to redefining the dental experience through a tailored approach for each client;
- Men’s boutique, Trend Empire, offering business, casual, formal, party wear and club wear; and
- Up Inspired Kitchen, a fast-casual restaurant featuring great food and good vibes, including gluten free, vegetarian, paleo and whole 30 options.