Who/What: Collin College will host a celebration of the 2017 Love Skywriting® stamp, including a one-day-only college-specific cancellation postmark. The event is being organized as part of a Month of Letters celebrating the art of the handwritten letter.
Collin College Spring Creek Campus Atrium
2800 Spring E. Creek Parkway
11 a.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 14
· The Love Skywriting Forever® stamp was issued on Jan. 7, 2017. It continues a tradition of similar Love stamps issued by the United States Postal Service.
· This event, and many of the others associated with the Month of Letters, is an extension of an art exhibition titled “The Letter as Art in the Digital Age,” being held at Collin College through Wednesday, Feb. 22.
· “The Letter as Art in the Digital Age” exhibition seeks to capture the interplay between art inspired by the handwritten letter and the letters themselves. It features art in multiple media – visual arts, literature, music and film – that center around the handwritten letter.
· “The Letter as Art in the Digital Age” exhibition also collects materials associated with handwritten letters, with stamps being a piece of art which are part of the greater artistic whole that is the handwritten letter.
· The local “unveiling” of the 2017 Love Skywriting Forever® stamp by Plano Postmaster Todd Smith.
· A student performance of letter-themed songs.
· The use of a specialized one-day-only “Collin College Station” cancellation postmark featuring artwork by a Collin College student. The artwork is another part of “The Letter as Art in the Digital Age” exhibition.
Complimentary admission for media representatives and photographers
Please RSVP to Marcy Cadena-Smith at 972.758.3896 to get on the comp. list.