Every save really does make a difference, both on and off the pitch.
The Every Save Makes a Difference program returns for its third year. This initiative, sponsored by Major League Soccer and Univision, focuses on providing soccer equipment for local, Hispanic-facing community-based organizations. Every time FC Dallas plays a game on Univision or UniMas in 2017, MLS and Univision will donate $500 to the foundations of both teams for every recorded save. For example, if FC Dallas records four saves in a match, the FC Dallas Foundation would net $2000. WIN!
In the event there are no saves recorded by either club, then no donation will be made.
FC Dallas will play six nationally televised games on UniMas/Univision in 2017:
- Saturday, March 4: FC Dallas vs Los Angeles Galaxy Univision
- Friday, April 14: FC Dallas vs San Jose UniMas
- Friday, June 23: FC Dallas vs Houston UniMas
- Wednesday, Aug. 23: FC Dallas vs Houston UniMas
- Saturday, Sept. 2: FC Dallas vs NY Red Bulls UniMas
- Saturday, Sept. 30: FC Dallas vs Orlando UniMas
The beneficiary for FC Dallas season opener on March 4th versus the LA Galaxy is Dallas Afterschool, a unifying agency that facilitates communication, learning or information exchange between agencies offering afterschool and summer programs in Dallas County. Working with afterschool staff members at over 125 sites throughout Dallas County, Dallas Afterschool assesses, inform, support and improve programs serving K-12 grade students.